Friday, December 20, 2013

Weekly Letter from December 11th

Oi Familia! First off, let me just say that I am so grateful for all of the letters, packages and love everyone has been sending me. It helps so much! I am one of the lucky elders in my district who gets mail more than once or twice a week. So thank you to all of you!

 This week was pretty interesting. It went by way quicker than I was anticipating. It seriously just feels like yesterday that I was emailing all of you! My companion, Elder Schuman and I have been trying to focus on the work. I want to tell you about wednesday, which was a pretty interesting day. Well first off, you know how you just have those off days, where things are just weird? That was wednesday for me. To start the morning off, I woke up with a bloody nose (great way to start the day). At breakfast I was trying to get some frosted flakes, but when I went to pull the thing down the entire container of frosted flakes fell over all over the cafeteria. Luckily some elders came to help pick it back up. The lesson that we were teaching kind of failed, as we found out our investigator was no where near to being baptized as we thought he was. I also did a really hard calf workout on tuesday, so wednesday I was walking like I had a disability. I got lucky though, because that was the day that Evan and Josh decided to show up and eat lunch with me and my district. Even though it was only like 15 minutes that we got to talk, it was so nice to see them. They were there at the right time.

 Yesterday was kind of an off day too. Not as bad as wednesday, but I was just kind of feeling down. We got one of our investigators to be baptized, which is great! But at the same time we have another one who is going to take a lot of work, and It makes me sad/frusterated that I can't communicate with him as well as I can to help him out. Near the end of the day, me and elder schuman were both feeling discouraged. 5 minutes before we were supposed to go back to the residence hall, a sister in our district asked for a blessing because she was sick. Elder Schuman and I went into a storage closet for 6 or 7 minutes and prayed, that we would be able to feel uplifted and ready to give the blessing. I annointed, and he sealed, and it was an incredible experience, and an awesome way to end a not so good day.

 So after a week full of ups and downs, I looked in the mirror this morning and saw I had another mark on my forehead. I looked closer, and kinda laughed. On my fore head, I have a tiny little smiley face. I'm sure this is just coincidence/me hitting my head on my bed, but it's pretty funny that after such a weird week I have a smile on me. I think that's a great lesson to remember, especially when things get way worse. I love you all, and thank you for all the support! Com amor, Elder Stallings
Smily Face Scab


No comments:

Post a Comment