Tuesday, April 29, 2014

O espirito é mutio real! (Received April 14th)

Oi familia! 


Nossa, this week was tiring. The work was pretty tough this week. We´re doing kind of a ``cleaning´´ of our area book. We went through every investigator and cut almost all of them. We were left with about 7 or 8 investigators with some/little potential, 3 or 4 that we´re hoping we can baptize, and 1 with a baptismal date. Good, but not great. We really need to find new investigators! The end of last week and the start of this week are going to be dedicated to finding new people. Finding is so discouraging and so rewarding, my goodness. It really takes both you and your companion to do this work in a way thats effective. Im hoping that both E´ Dallastra and I will remain in good spirits as we do this work this week. Its so easy to get discouraged, but when you fight that feeling and remain happy, it makes a world of difference.



Tuesday was splits again. I was with a different Americano than last time. He has 1 more month in brazil than I do, so I was kind of nervous that people werent going to understand us or we wouldnt understand the people. My fears were confirmed when I started talking with him and learned he was very discouraged with things. I remember saying one of the most simple yet powerful prayers I´ve ever said. I asked Heavenly Father to help me understand and speak this language so that São Marcos could continue to progress. Family, I cant even begin to describe how incredible that day was. I spoke the best portuguese Ive ever spoken on my mission. I understood everything. EVERYTHING. It felt 100% natural to be talking and understanding the people. Not only that, but we had some incredible lessons. One of them was with a 17 year old who doesnt believe in God, but he´s best friends with a recent convert. The spirit in that lesson was so thick you could barely breathe. All of the things I said were 100% through the spirit. We´re now looking to baptize him in the next couple weeks. 


Haha the next day, it felt like I had been lifting weights non stop the previous day. The spirit is so real. The Lord will bless you if you have desires to help others. When you forget yourself and just work, miracles WILL happen. Tuesday was a miracle and a testimony to me of really how much the Lord is helping this work. Thats why right now, I want to trust and just do as much as I can. We have the promise that if we cheerfully do all that we can, ``and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.´´ I know this promise is true! I know this work is the work of the Lord! 

Its a bit chilly today. April and May are equal to October and November, so thing are starting to cool down a little. 

Health is still good. Im fairly positive I will have to do another in grown toe nail surgery, but I think that will be next week. Its all good besides that!



I love you all so much! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. This is such an important work!
Love,
Elder Stallings

No comments:

Post a Comment