Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Vou estar na casa próximo natal! (I'm going to be home next Christmas!)

Well hey family!

My goodness, skyping with you was incredible. It was pretty funny, because to me it felt like a normal conversation with you all. (That dang vaccume sound is still a mystery.) But I'm glad I'm here in Brazil serving this mission. Absolutely no regrets here!



So my camera offically broke for reals time. It was always kind of having problems opening and shutting, but I was always able to fix it. But now it doesnt even make a sound when I turn it on. It lets me see the pictures, but the lens or motor or something inside is busted. ("Its busted." "Who you callin' busted, Buster? Thats right, I'm talking to you, Sid Philips." Gotta have Toy Story quotes.) The cameras here are pretty expensive, so I'll probably just use the incredible camera on our cell phone until I find another solution. Attached are some of the pictures I took during the week with the cell phone. 

Our teaching pool is in the process of being recreated. Actually, we have a ton of people who definitely are gonna be baptized. The only problem we're having is finding these people in their houses. A lot are on vacation because of the new year, so its frusterating to teach someone and have an incredible lesson only to find out that they won't return unitl Feb. We actually had an incredible lesson with a 19 year old kid, Ricardo. He understood the message so well that he immediately told us that he needed to share this with his pastor, because he was following the wrong church. He told us that he was gonna share this with everyone! We're definitely excited to follow up with him [when we find him in his house again] and see his progress! 



I don't know if I shared this with you, but do you guys remember Leandro and Jessica? They were the people that I said "Why not?" and we entered into their house. Well, they were baptized right when I was transfered, and I was able to visit them last week! They're doing great, and have goals to be sealed in the temple, and visit Minnesota in 2 years. Incredible people!

Thanks so much for the wonderful christmas! The boxes and presents were great. I'm eating all the cereal this week haha. I love you all so much! 
Love,
Elder Stallings

CEREAL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment