Sunday, January 18, 2015

Nem tenho palavras! (I don't have the words!)

Oi Family!

Whats up! This week was pretty interesting. We were able to find some incredible people to teach, and have some baptismal dates that are coming up pretty soon. So what was interesting this week was the fact that Saturday, we got a call from Presidente. He informed us that my companion, Elder Schirmer, was being called to be the next assistent and that he would leave the area monday (today). The goodbyes were tough. He was definitely one of my favorite companions on the mission. So now I'm here in the area with Elder Maciel, the elder who I trained, as my companion for this week. Its definitely gonna be an interesting week, because I'll be working in his area one day and my area the other day. 

But anyway, I'll tell a story real quick. This isnt really anything spiritual but I think you'll like it. Friday at our lunch appointment, the member made a bunch of food. Pasta, rice, beans (of course rice and beans), chicken, and salad. I was grabbing pretty much everything, and saw that there was also a pan of what looked like cooked hamburger meat with cheese or something. I wasn't really sure what the heck it was, but it was on the stove with all the other food, so I took some to be poliet. When the member looked at my plate, she saw the food that I had and gasped "Oh no! Did you take the meat in that pan??" Of course I did. She then informed me that that was the food she was giving to the dog. Luckily, it wasnt dirty or old or anything. But in other words, I ate the dogs food for lunch on Friday.


Love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Stallings

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Connor! Dog's food! Blech! So sorry! But glad to see that you are doing well! I love the chef hat, man. Very becoming on you. Keep it up Connor! Sending a hug. Bethany

    ReplyDelete