Sunday, August 2, 2015

Voltei pra Boqueirão!

Just figured I'd update everyone one Connor. Despite my lack of keeping up with his blog, he hasn't dropped off the face of the earth, still in Brazil, still loving the mission life.  This letter was from June 22nd.  Honestly, some of his weekly letters are pretty short, ("Hey, love you, doing well, bye") This one had a few more details. 

Hey family!
 
Well, after 3 good transfers I finally left Bairro Novo! I returned to the stake Boqueirão and I'm serving in Xaxim! (Sha-shing is how you say it) My new companion is Élder Moriera, and he's a really good guy. I'm super excited to be here and to continue as a zone leader and get to know this area a little better. It's actually super close to Bairro Novo, so a lot of the scenery is pretty much the same. But either way, I'm way excited to be here!

So Cauã was confirmed on Sunday! He managed to bring his dad, which was a miracle. I think his dad might have been a little drunk, but it was still good that he managed to go. I really hope that Cauã will keep going to church. Like I said after, his dad is pretty much always drunk or doing other things, and his step mom isn't all that great either. We're really hoping that this family of recent converts that live next to him will be able to help him keep going to church. 

Other news: I got an eye exame, and bought new glasses. Pictures are attached. 

 
 
 
 
Also, I said goodbye to elder Dallastra today. It's his last day on the mission. Gonna miss him. He's a super good elder! Really glad I had him as my trainer. 

Other than that, the week was awesome. Love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Stallings

No comments:

Post a Comment