Sunday, November 1, 2015

Last 6 Weeks

Hey everyone,

Well, it rained a ton this week. I think my shoes stayed wet the entire week, which is a terrible feeling putting wet shoes on when you have dry feet. All of my shoes are completely destroyed, but I'm impressed they managed to last this long in general. 

I've entered into my last transfer, which means I'm in my last 6 weeks. It's tough to imagine that I have so little time until the end of my mission. I don't feel like it's been 2 years at all. I feel like I just kind of left for a little, and now it's coming to an end. I really want to work hard every day for these 6 weeks, even if it means working with crap shoes. I would buy new ones, but the shoes they sell here wouldn't last 2 days. Maybe on the last 2 days I'll buy a new pair of shoes. 

Aside from the shoes, the week was awesome. Elder Schuman left, and now I'm with another elder from São Paulo, Elder Santos. It was awesome being with Elder Schuman. It was super funny to work and walk around with him the streets of CIC. 

We taught a woman this week who was going through a divorce. As we were talking with her, her husband barged into the room, yelling at us and telling us that we were liars (It became quite apparent as to why she was getting divorced). We just kind of sat there, waiting for him to either finish, or break something. He decided to finish, and stood there not knowing what to do. I told him we weren't there to convince him (or her) of anything. We explained that as people, and especially as families, it's important to remember our base and our foundation. If we have no foundation as a family, we have no way to keep our family together. As we explained that it was our purpose to provide this base for all families, he stood there with his hand on his chin. In the end, he thanked us. It wasn't anything dramatic, but it was enough to see that he had really felt something in the moment and moved his idea about us. Awesome to see how changes happen, even quick changes. 

I'll keep the letter short today! Love you all

-Elder Stallings
 

No comments:

Post a Comment